Wednesday 19 December 2012

Hei Sushi and Coldstone


Bestie and I planned to go to Hei Sushi for lunch,so we took a trip to Downtown East for our jap lunch.Actually that was my first time going there,so it got me all excited for it! For those of you who don't know about Hei Sushi, it is actually a so-called halal version of Sakae Sushi. So it is usually caters for the muslims to try out authentic jap food.

My bestie!



We ate a lot of sushi,at least 9 plates I think. My favourite was the green colour plate sushi which you can see from above,I don't know what that was but its very chewy and have a little sweetness.Me love!

As for the main course, I ordered Tenzaru Soba with assorted tempuras. Actually I kinda picked the wrong dish as the environment there was very cold, and I picked cold dish for my main course -.- .But thats okay cos, though it was quite plain looking apart from the tempura,it was actually very nice. I placed some of the noodles into the soba soup,added some wasabi, after that stirred them up.Then I ate the noodle while sipping some soba soup. YUMS! As for the tempura,it was great too.But what can we really expect from tempura?Since its usually taste great no matter who cooks it. But there was one tempura which taste like bittersweet pickles and kinda taste a bit weird so I didnt eat it.:S

Bestie picked Spicy Ramen,at first I thought I shouldve picked that one but I changed my mind then picked Tenzaru Soba instead. Turned out,my dish was perhaps better than her XD.I drank the the ramen soup,it tasted quite bland and it was not spicy at all. Bestie agreed with me about its spiciness which doesnt exist in the soup LOL.

As for the scallops, I don't know if they use real scallop or fake scallop cos the scallops that i ate,tasted like a crabstick. So I guess its nice as a cheap crabstick which can be found almost anywhere.


Fried Scallops

Overall rating: 3.5/5

Next,we went to Cold Stone Orchard Central outlet for our ice creams. Orchard you asked?Yes, we went from Downtown East to Orchard Central just for our desserts XD







I ordered cheesecake flavour ice cream and added a brownie and pecans as my toppings. The cheesecake flavour is too strong for an ice cream, in my opinion.Maybe you can add cheesecake as a topping but not as ice cream flavour. It taste like rancid milk :X  But hey, at least my brownie and pecans helped. I managed to finish it though. Bestie chose same ice cream flavour but her topping was choc chips and rainbow sprinkles.

Overall Rating: 3/5(actually I wanted to put 2.5 but since it has a good service and ambience, I would add 0.5 points more)

Thats the end of this post,hope to post more soon!Ta Da!

Besties Moment!photo credits to my bff


No comments:

Post a Comment